2.12.2012

Day...7? NOT!

Well so much for daily updating :). I totally caved on Day 3 and ate some yummy things in a moment...or moments of weakness. Whoopsies. I also had a voice of reason tell me to be careful and make sure I'm getting enough calories... I don't want to lose my mommy milk:). So, the rest of the time from then until now I have been juicing and eating mainly vegan meals and snacks. I'm not really sure how I feel about all of this. I'm pretty bummed I guess. I feel like I failed by caving, but also feel lke it doesn't matter since my body was probably calorie deprived and needed more to keep up milk production. My lesson from this "Partial Juice Fast"? That I LOVE juicing, it is one of the most amazing things I can do for my body...and I LOVE and CRAVE juice all day long! More importantly I have learned that Jubilee is more important than any juice "fast" or "feast" and I can be gung-ho after she is weaned. In the meantime I plan to  juice daily if possible, nothing will stop me!!!!!!!!!! And I have not yet determined if I want to do a short term of eating "whole" foods or vegan... I need some kind of eating restrictions otherwise I consume way too much candy, ice cream, coffee, cream, alcohol...all the yummy and BAD stuff :). So that about wraps it all up for now.

Sorry to cut the 10 days short but hey I'M HUMAN! And I prefer to be real...I do have to admit though, it's taken me more than a few days to step on my pride and write this ;)

2 comments:

  1. Great effort! And a great reminder to hit the juicer instead of the coffee machine and a sugar treat for a boost of energy. I'm going to try to juice once a day, too! If it makes you feel any better, it's not a good idea to detox while you are nursing. Not for the calories but because the toxins released go into your blood then straight into the milk. Better to go slow so your liver can keep up and maintain low toxin levels in your blood stream thus low levels in your milk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, and here is my favorite juice recipe. It's called green lemonade and it's from the Raw Food Detox Diet:
    4 large fuji apples
    1 lemon
    2 big handfuls of kale
    1/2 romaine lettuce head or 1/2 bunch of celery

    This is enough for two grown ups or a mom and two kids.

    ReplyDelete