9.22.2010

What a Beautiful Day!

Well, I am sorry to all my readers for being so distant! The kids and I have been following Starrsky around Alaska all summer as he switched from one job to another with the company he works for. First Juneau, then Delta Junction. Now we are back in Anchorage as it is way too cold to stay in a camper in an R.V. park! I am SO blessed to have been able to be with him! It was a blessing in more ways than I can express...for another day :). So let me just tell you about this day. The sun is streaming into my livingroom as I sit here on the computer typing this and listening to worship music. My kids are finishing up lunch in the background and, oh! Fighting about something... Okay it's taken care of :). Many things have changed for me this summer, mainly in my heart which I will get into in another post. A huge thing that is different is in my diet. I have decided to avoid soy products (except in my coffee :) ) and incorporate fresh fish into my diet. I am very pleased with this decision! I still feel amazing, actually better! I no longer stress about vitamin deficiencies and lack of protein. I know that it is very possible to get all you need through a total-vegan diet, but that's not what it's about for me. I really don't care about being "vegan". I care about making healthy and informed choices about what I eat. For me it's about feeling good about myself and not feeling sick :). Some have criticized me for this, but you know what? It's not their body or their business! Wow, I'm really not that fanatical :). So anyways, cheers to a new chapter in my health! My hope for this blog is to provide interesting ideas for meals and food for thought. I love you all and pray that God will bless you SO much in this beautiful fall season!!!

Here is what I am having for lunch:
I chopped up some leftover baked red potatoes and sauteed them with grapeseed oil and salt. Then I added fresh chopped campari tomatoes near the end. After sauteeing them a tiny bit longer I poured it all onto my plate and added a couple scoops of canned sweet smoked salmon from this years catch. Simple, but AMAZING!!! The potatoes soaked up in the tomato juice and the smoked salmon makes this a succulent lunch!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome you were able to travel with your children and husband! It must have been quite a memorable summer. Lunch looks really yummy... I love potatoes. I've started to eat them again, although I try not to eat them that often. :)

    It's your body... AMEN TO THAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :). It WAS very memorable. We are extremely blessed <3

    ReplyDelete