5.25.2010

Brown Rice With Curry and Slightly Sauteed Veggies -Juneau, Alaska Style!

We are staying in a hotel here so the kitchen isn't quite my own... but I did bring like half of my kitchen from home with us. I have been cooking large meals every other day and then we just eat off the leftovers. It's a great plan because we have been able to play outside a lot more! We have been very active here, walking through town, along beaches, and up to glaciers :). About a five minute walk from our hotel is a great market with more natural and organic foods than Freddies! It has been very easy and convenient to eat healthy. I only wish there was a farmers market, maybe that comes later in the summer. In addition to being active and eating healthy we have been getting a lot of sun! So to sum it up, the Stubbs family feels GREAT!
I will post recipes only if the day is not totally sunny and amazing :)

Here is what I threw together for dinner about 30 minutes ago:

In my rice cooker:
-about 2 cups of brown rice with the appropriate amount of water
-1 tbsp coconut oil
-1 tbsp yellow curry powder
-a couple shakes of garlic powder
-a couple shakes of onion powder
-1 tsp salt

In my pan:
-1 tbsp coconut oil
-1 clove chopped garlic
-1/8th onion chopped
-4 baby bell peps chopped
-2 yellow zuchini chopped
-1 jalepeno chopped

I didn't sautee the pan stuff for very long at all. The less cooked your veggies are the more nutrients you will get! Then I mixed up the rice stuff with the pan stuff and added some fresh chopped cilantro. Salt to taste, salt helps bring out all the flavors!

gluten free-msg free-vegan


No comments:

Post a Comment