4.15.2010

Super Cheesy Shells N' Cheese!

This Shells N' Cheese is full of protein and happy-fat! And totally does it for you emotionally when all you can think about is cheesy goodness.

Pasta:
Cook your noodle of choice al dente. I used straight up semolina shells, but whatever cute little noodles you love the most will work just fine!

Pimento Cheese:
1 cup cashews
1/2 tsp salt
2 oz pimentos
1 cup water
a pinch of garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
-Blend until smooth, then add
2 tsp fresh lemon

Mixers:
Whatever you love works!!
I added very very small pieces of:
Baked Tofu
Fresh tomatoes
Green olives

Salt to taste!!!

*Dairy Free *Vegan *Can be gluten free just use the right noodles!

5 comments:

  1. YUM! I'm so going to try this recipe this weekend. I constantly crave mac n cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I totally know! I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The girls and I are eating this (right now) for lunch. I'm literally chewing and typing at the same time. :) Thank you SO much for the recipe. It's delicious!

    I'm not sure if you saw my response to one of your posts you left me on my blog. I'm still trying to figure this all out! Do you get an email with a response? I'm assuming no, but I'm not sure...

    Thanks again!
    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Renae! It's Angie from Mom's Club...I ended up here from Megan's website (which was emailed to me from a friend out in Wasilla - small world!). I was surprised to see your picture here. Anyway, I'm going to give this a try because I'm always craving mac n cheese (and the boys aren't allergic to cheese any more, so they're always eating it in front in me!). :) One question: do you not cook this? Just blend it in a blender or cuisinart? Or, blend first then add to noodles and bake in oven for a bit? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does this use a pound of pasta?

      Delete